Checklist for a successful sales pipeline
This checklist is designed to help you organise your sales pipeline and ensure you have all the tools in place to create a streamlined experience for leads and new customers. Depending on the type of business, you will choose only the stages that are required.
Initial contact with lead
- Lead assigned to sales rep.
- Lead scored based on currently available information.
- Lead may enter automated sales email/SMS sequence.
- Sales rep initiates contact:
- Type of contact may differ depending on the lead score (phone call vs email).
- Problem identified.
- Decision-maker identified (or advocate, if decision-maker isn’t able to speak with rep).
- Qualifying checklist completed.
- Budget restraints identified.
- Sales rep identifies decision-making process with lead, and ensures they’re speaking to the right person.
- Sales rep collects additional information they need.
Develop and Present Solution
- Sales rep puts together package / deal / onboarding strategy for the lead.
- Deal is presented to the lead (via email / meeting / phone call)
- Onboarding process is outlined and defined.
- Lead suggests amendments or clarifications.
- Lead confirms decision to proceed.
Read on about three more common sales pipeline mistakes